What’s easy to make, fast to whip up, and has only two ingredients?
If you guessed Bisquick mix pancakes – you’re wrong! Instead, try these simple egg and banana pancakes. These are so incredibly easy to prepare and yet they satisfy that pancakey-craving in the wee hours of the morning. And in case you didn’t get the memo, these are totally okay to have for snack or desert or …dinner. In fact, I prepare them more for a snack than a breakfast.
There’s like a million ways to eat these and it’s another great way to make use of those browned bananas. Additionally, these easy pancakes can also be modified and made as crepes by spreading them evenly and thinly on your pan.
Mix on high egg whites. Separately, mix yolks until pale yellow. Add the banana and mix to combine. Gently, fold the egg whites into the yolk/banana mixture.
These pancakes do not give you that fluffy texture, if that’s what you’re looking for. It resembles more of the Russian Oladiki texture – soft and thin. But I like these as a change and a healthier alternative to an otherwise grain-heavy diet.
Easy Pancakes – Grain Free, Dairy Free
- 1 overripe banana
- 2 eggs
- your favorite pancake toppings
- Beat egg whites until foamy (5 minutes on high). In a separate bowl, mix yolks until pale yellow and add softened banana. Mix well to combine.
- Heat a girdle or cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto your heated cookware and allow pancakes to cook on medium heat 3 minutes before flipping.
- Flip and cook the other side another minute or when done.
- Enjoy with lots of butter and your favorite pancake dressing.