Instant Pot Kale, Squash and Chicken Soup (Paleo, Whole30, Low-Carb)
Rich in nutrition from bone broth, low-carb vegetables, and leftover roast chicken. This pressure cooker meal is a soothing, light yet hearty stew and makes a great 30-minute meal.
Servings 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat such as avocado oil, lard, tallow, or butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 5 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 18 oz. jar diced tomatoes
- 1 small butternut squash peeled & diced
- 3 quarts chicken bone broth
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 6 large kale leaves destemmed & roughly chopped
- 1 small lemon juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to garnish optional
Press "Saute" function on Instant Pot. Add cooking fat to melt.
Add diced onions and saute until translucent and soft. Add garlic and seasoning and saute for 1 more minute to release flavor.
Add diced tomatoes, diced squash, and broth. Close lid, set valve to "sealing" position. Press "Manual" and reduce time to 8 minutes.
When the cooking cycle has completed. allow to naturally release pressure. Carefully open lid when safety valve is down. (see note)
Add cooked chicken and prepared kale. Press "Saute" function again to bring everything to temperature. Check for salt and season as needed.
Stir to combine everything. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 955mg | Potassium: 723mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 9564IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 2mg