Sheet Pan Nachos (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb options)
These Sheet Pan Nachos is an easy, 20-minute, crowd-pleasing meal with minimal prep time and little cleanup.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Baking 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Ground Beef Taco Meat
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Sheet Pan Nachos
- 6 ounces tortilla chips see notes for dietary options
- 3 cups Mexican blend grated cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup lettuce thinly cut
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup avocado diced
- other fixings such as cilantro, jalapeno, green onions if desired
To Make Ground Beef Taco Meat
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and crumble it, breaking it up. Drain grease if desired.
Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
Sheet Pan Nachos
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spread tortilla chips evenly across a large baking sheet.
Spoon ground beef onto the tortilla chips. Spread grated cheese over the meat. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Remove from oven. Drizzle sour cream, add favorite toppings such as lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, olives, avocado and jalapenos.
Using a spatula, transfer portion size directly onto a plate.
| Nutrition Information Disclaimer |
- Paleo & Whole30: Use grain-free chips such as Siete or plantain chips from Trader Joe's. To avoid dairy, simply omit all cheese and sub coconut yogurt for sour cream. Use guacamole (instead of avocado) and salsa (instead of tomatoes) so the nachos are not too dry.
- Low Carb & Keto: You can various recipes online using homemade tortilla chips. If using storebought low carb tortilla chips be careful to read the labels as they often they contain fillers and additives. All the toppings listed are naturally low carb.
Calories: 675kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 1385mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1318IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 514mg | Iron: 3mg