Asian Cucumber Salad
Thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions tossed with a white wine vinaigrette dressing makes a light and refreshing salad. Top with rich black sesame seeds for major flavor action.
- 6 seedless cucumbers
- 1/4 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds + more for garnish
Thinly slice cucumbers using a mandolin or sharp knife, place in medium size bowl. Add thinly sliced red onions to the bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients for dressing. Mix well. Pour dressing over the cucumbers and onions and combine everything thoroughly.
Garnish with additional sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Enjoy immediately or place in the refrigerator for up to a week for a more "pickled" taste.