This Easy Beef Liver Pâté recipe doesn't require soaking and yet full of flavor (not the liver-ey kind). It's low carb, keto, GAPS, and has options to make it paleo and Whole 30.
In many cultures, liver pâté is a delicacy filled with flavor and nutrition. Whether you use chicken, beef or veal livers, Liver Pâté is a nutrient-dense food that beckons to grace your kitchen table.
Easy Beef Liver Pâté Recipe (Keto, Paleo, Whole30, GAPS)
Made with a handful of ingredients, this Easy Beef Liver Pâté does not require soaking the livers in milk first. The richness of the butter and the fragrant aroma of the thyme is sufficient to mask the flavor of liver.
If you're just starting out with incorporating livers into your diet, go with chicken livers as they are supposedly more subtle and mild. Beef liver is a tad on the strong-tasting side but even still, with these flavorings, you can enjoy Liver Pâté in all its' glory.
Quick & Easy Appetizer
The best part of this recipe is that it can be ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for afternoon high tea or fancy dinner parties. It's also low carb, keto, paleo (if using ghee and coconut cream), Whole 30 and GAPS compliant.
Helpful Tips for Easy Beef Liver Pâté Recipe:
- Even though soaking the livers is not required, it's always best to remove the membrane of the livers, if necessary. This will ensure the best, smoothest liver pâté.
- Be sure your pan is hot and butter completely melted before adding diced onions and liver.
- If the pâté is still a little on the thick side, thin it with another tablespoon of cream or so directly in the food processor.
- This recipe makes plenty for a large dinner party as appetizers. It can easily be halved or doubled as needed.
- Enjoy this Liver Pâté with crackers or on slices of cucumber if you're going for a low-carb fare.
Helpful Items for Easy Beef Liver Pâté Recipe:
- Large Stainless Steel Pan: I almost always cook using cast iron skillets, except when making liver pâté. Pull out your best stainless steel pan for this recipe.
- Food Processor: Liver Pâté is only as good as your food processor. In order to achieve that rich, smooth texture of the pâté, you want to have a good processor to handle the job. I've tried using my immersion blender for this task but it doesn't come anywhere close to what pâté is supposed to be like. Likewise, a regular blender doesn't do the job either. A high-speed blender such as Vitamix or Blendtec may be equipped for a job like this but I don't own either one of those to test it out.
Easy Low-Carb Beef Liver Pâté (Keto, Paleo, 7 ingredients!)
- In a medium skillet, melt butter or ghee.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. Add chopped liver and cook until completely done but not overcooked.
- Place cooked onions and liver into a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and even throughout.
- Add more salt if necessary and pulse a few more times to blend well.
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.