Roasted Carrots with Garlic – Oven roasted with garlic, basil and unrefined salt, these roasted carrots make an easy and delicious side dish perfect for any occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting this site with purchases made through links in this post.
If there was a way to get people to love carrots, this has got to be it. The sweet carrot-y flavor paired with garlic chunks is out of this world. Move over baby carrots-and-ranch and make room for these glorious beauties.
I could barely keep the hubs’ hands off of these as I was shooting these photos. But let’s be honest here, you pair A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G with garlic and it’s practically cake. Now this is one of those side dishes that could grace your Thanksgiving table or be served at the upcoming superbowl. What’s that you ask? It’s some baseball tournament. 😉
I wasn’t even going to share this recipe here because let’s face it, there’s like a million different combos on the world wide web. They’re all pretty much the same. Toss carrots with seasonings, roast until tender. Eat, enjoy, repeat. Oh, except mine is the best of them all. I kid, I kid. They’re all pretty amazing but they all feature a different zest depending on the seasonings used.
Also, I figured I probably need to post a clean recipe (as in clean eating!) since many folks are doing whole30 or some other eating challenge. You know, trying to eat healthy and all. I mean, when you eat real food, you’re already half way there but I’m just helping you all out. Therefore, I’m trying my best to stay away from French Onion Dip and Grain Free French Crêpes. Misery loves company, right? I’m right there alongside you, my friend. Cheering you on!!
Related: Why You’ll Fail at Real Food
So, inspired by all the healthy eatings out there, I decided to hook you up with this super easy side dish. And also because I can’t do anything without garlic and wanted to share my affinity with the rest of the world.
Roasted Carrots with Garlic
- 16-18 small carrots , heirloom is best
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil (my pick)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (my pick)
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon unrefined salt (my pick)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine oil, basil, garlic and salt. Gently toss with carrots to combine (directly on the cooking sheet).
- Spread the carrots out in a single layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Turn oven to off and set on low broil for 4-5 minutes. Watch those carrots closely as they can burn quickly. (I like to keep the oven light on to see the progress.)
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Tip: Broiling the carrots for the last 5 minutes of cooking time gives that traditional roasting flavor, texture and look.
::: You may also like :::