A hearty mix of gluten-free pasta, diced salami, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, all wrapped in an easy yet delicious zesty dressing. This Healthy Gluten-Free Pasta Salad can easily be adapted for Low-Carb, Paleo and Whole30 diets.
A hearty and delicious pasta salad is one of my favorite cold recipes. It’s rich in flavor, textures and most importantly, when sourced right, can be abundant in nutrition. This makes an ideal lunch box item since it does not require any re-heating.
This Healthy Gluten-free Pasta Salad has vegetables, protein, healthy carbs, and tons of flavor. I love using a healthy gluten-free pasta for my guys as I feel it adds a bit more substance but I’m perfectly content with zoodles. The choice is yours.
Healthy Pasta Salad Tips
This pasta salad is so versatile and can be adapted to meet any dietary needs, whether you are low-carb/keto, paleo, GAPS, or Whole30. With just a few minor tweaks, make this salad to suit your lifestyle. As always, read the ingredients to packaged foods and source the best your budget will allow.
- Low Carb & Keto Pasta Salad: use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash instead of gluten-free pasta, reduce tomatoes to 1 cup, and add a diced avocado to increase the fat content. (related post: How to Cook Spaghetti Squash for Longest Strands)
- Paleo & Whole30 Pasta Salad: as in low-carb and keto pasta salad, use zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash instead of the pasta, skip the feta to make it dairy free, and be extra sure that the salami, olives and artichoke hearts are free from additives or sugars.
- GAPS or SCD Pasta Salad: sub zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for pasta and use grilled chicken in place of salami.
Helpful Tips for Gluten Free Pasta Salad
- Always cook your pasta al-dente so it doesn’t turn mushy in the mixing. Also, it helps to stop the cooking process by rinsing it in cool water, followed by a good toss in extra virgin olive oil to avoid sticking.
- It’s best to add feta cheese, artichoke hearts and basil at the end so it keeps it’s shape. You want to do as little mixing of these ingredients as possible.
If you are okay with using store-bought gluten-free pasta, my favorites are:
Ancient Grains – these organic, non-GMO, gluten-free have been a staple in my pantry for years. Choose from fussili, penne, or elbows.
Jovial Brown Rice Pasta – this is another favorite brand but the price varies a lot on Amazon and it can get pricey.
Cybele’s Free-to-Eat Superfood Veggie Pasta (they have 4 flavors to choose from – I would go with a mild one such as the Superfood White)
As you can see, you have some options and that is just skimming the surface of what’s currently available on the market. Always make sure to read the ingredients. My first choice is always one that has the most nutrition. In the case of gluten-free pasta, I would either go with Ancient Grains or Free-to-Eat brand. Also, if you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, they carry gluten-free pasta made from brown rice and quinoa.
Healthy Gluten Free Pasta Salad Recipe
Healthy Gluten-Free Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta of choice see notes
- 4 ounces salami diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper cut
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, marinated chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese cubed
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil chiffoned
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse in cool water and add a drizzle of oil to avoid sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, prepare salami, vegetables and olives. Add pasta and toss to combine.
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small mason jar.
- Toss the salad with the dressing. Add feta cheese, artichoke hearts, and fresh basil and gently toss to combine.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.
Need More Gluten-Free Salad Recipes?
Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese (Low Carb, Primal, GAPS)
Healthy Chicken Probiotic Potato Salad “Olivier” (Whole30, Primal, Paleo)
Healthy Caesar Salad (Low Carb, Primal, GAPS) + VIDEO
Low-Carb Cabbage Cucumber Salad (Paleo, Whole 30, GAPS) + VIDEO
>>> Pin This <<<