Rich in chocolate and naturally sweetened, these Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins are easily made in the blender with only 6 main ingredients. These paleo treats pack easily and freeze perfectly – make them today!
I may receive a commission if you purchase with links in this post. Full disclosure.
The more I learn about food sensitivities and health in general, the more I realize that it’s not so much about omitting foods that wreak havoc on your body but it’s just as important to include nutrient dense foods as much as possible.
“But my kids still want treats!”
Even though I can probably do without – kids are naturally drawn to sweets and treats. And I’m fine with that provided that these sweets and treats are made with wholesome ingredients.
That’s why I love flourless baked goodies. They are typically made with some kind of nut butter that brings richness and healthy fats (not to mention protein) to the treat. Indeed perfect for kids (and adults alike).
Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins
These Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins are made with simple ingredients that you most likely already have at home.
Most importantly, they are all clean ingredients that you will feel good about serving your family. Naturally sweetened with only banana and a bit of honey, these muffins aren’t overly too sweet but if you need more sweetness, I recommend adding a few drops of stevia extract so as to not alter the texture.
They are perfectly moist, rich in chocolate and decadent texture — these easy blender muffins are ideal for breakfast treat, afternoon tea, or dinner dessert.
The fats and protein in the almond butter will tie you over until dinner if you choose to enjoy this in the afternoon. These Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins are also perfect for school lunches.
- If you don’t care for a strong banana flavor, go with one that has less brown spots. The riper it is, the stronger the banana flavor.
- Find good quality chocolate chips. You can even use a chocolate bar in a pinch, just coarsely chop it before adding it into the muffin mixture. Semi-sweet chocolate chips are best for this recipe and I used this brand.
- These Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins are naturally paleo friendly.
- Cacao Powder is allowed in the later stages of the GAPS protocol. To make these muffins GAPS compliant, you’ll need to put a little more effort at sourcing the clean(er) chocolate — THIS Pure7 brand is honey sweetened and is free from junk. Or you can skip the chocolate and instead use fermented cacao nibs instead for more bold muffins.
Tools Used in this Recipe:
- Food Processor OR Blender: These muffins are easily whipped in one of these magic machines.
- Chocolate Chips: I use these mini semi-sweet chips. Use your favorite clean brand. You can also use a honey-sweetened chocolate bar.
- Stainless Steel Muffin Pan: These stainless steel pans are perfect for all your muffins, cupcakes and egg cup needs.
- Muffin Liners: I love these unbleached baking cups. I typically buy the 3 pack and am always ready for when my muffin craving hits. 😉
My kids love these blender muffins with a tall glass of raw milk for a nutritious after school treat.
Flourless Double Chocolate Muffins
Rich in chocolate and naturally sweetened, these paleo treats are easily made in the blender with only 6 main ingredients. They pack easily and freeze perfectly - make them today!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin pan with liners or grease well with coconut oil. Set aside.
In a food processor or blender, combine banana, egg, honey and almond butter until smooth and consistent.
Add cacao powder, sea salt, vanilla extract and blend for 30 more seconds.
Add baking soda and pulse just enough to combine into the mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Bake for 13-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Keep muffins in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature or refrigerator.
Other Sweets You Might Like
Almond Orange Cookies (Paleo, GAPS)
More Recipe Favorites:
Instant Pot Honey-Sweetened Cranberry Juice (GAPS, Paleo, Primal)
Lazy Cabbage Rolls (Low-Carb, Paleo, Whole30, GAPS)
Roasted Carrots with Garlic (Low-Carb, GAPS, Whole30, Paleo)
Cabbage & Cucumber Salad
Crustless Skillet Pizza
Instant Pot Squash & Lamb Curry
Parmesan & Garlic Cabbage Steaks
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE:
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only endorse products that are in alignment with Prepare & Nourish’s ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers. Prepare & Nourish is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products and/or information are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease. For additional information, please visit my full Disclosure page.