These Three Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms make a great keto, GAPS, and primal appetizer. With only 6 ingredients, they are incredibly simple and quick to make.
If you're one to be standing at the appetizer section of a potluck - this recipe is for you!
The three cheese filling is so delicious, filled with loads of garlic and cheese. The texture is perfect. And most importantly, it's easy to make.
It's a one-step: stir everything together - fill the mushroom caps - and a bake, kind of recipe.
Three Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (Low Carb, Keto, GAPS, Primal)
What I love about these stuffed mushrooms is that they are naturally low carb, keto, and GAPS compliant. Most recipes add a sprinkle of breadcrumbs just before baking but I find that that's not necessary.
You may use granulated parmesan cheese on top if you still want a topping but I assure you these stuffed mushrooms do not lack flavor.
Helpful tips to make these Three Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Don't submerge the mushrooms in water. They are extremely absorbent and act like a sponge if submerged in water. Simply take a damp paper towel and wipe the mushrooms clean. It's also best to use organic mushrooms for this reason.
- This recipe can easily be adapted to your favorite cheeses. Instead of Swiss cheese, you can use cheddar or monterey or whatever you wish. You want to try to have a blend of different textures (i.e. hard and soft cheeses).
- If 6 garlic cloves seems too many, feel free to reduce that amount to your liking.
- Salt is added in the recipe card but that's because mushrooms love salt. If between all the cheeses, you find that the mixture is plenty salty, just omit the additional salt.
- If you so desire, add some bacon bits to the cheese mixture. I didn't have any on hand but I bet that would impart amazing flavor and texture.
Need ideas to make this a complete dinner?
This simple appetizer can be paired with following recipes for a complete dinner:
Three Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (Low Carb, Keto, Primal, GAPS)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a damp paper towel, wipe mushrooms clean. Remove stems and chop finely.
- Transfer the cleaned mushroom caps onto a baking sheet. Toss them lightly with avocado oil, emphasizing the sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, and chopped mushroom stems together. Taste for salt and add if necessary.
- Fill all mushroom caps with the cheese mixture and arrange them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. If the tops of the mushroom caps are not browned to your liking, set the oven to broiler on high for 1 minute but watch closely so they don't burn.
- Remove from oven and enjoy. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.