Chunky, hearty, delicious and nutritious! Warm up to a bowl of Whole30, Paleo and Keto White Chicken Chili that requires only 8 ingredients and minimal effort with the help of the Instant Pot.
Raise your hand if you snagged an Instant Pot at a crazy-good deal during the Black Friday craze? I have mine from years ago and use it daily. This is the one I have and have no intentions of upgrading but if you want the latest and greatest, I would probably go with this new model. Also, a tempered glass lid is super helpful after cooking is finished.
When I first started using my Instant Pot, it quickly replaced my slow cooker and now is the most loved appliance in our kitchen. I use my Instant Pot daily for recipes such as Honey-Sweetened Cranberry Juice to Bone Broth to Ground Beef and Kale Soup.
One Pot Meals in the Instant Pot
I love the convenience of a one-pot meal, especially on busy days. An Instant Pot, unlike the slow cooker, allows you to saute first if needed then add the remaining ingredients and set it to cook per recipe. Most of my soups do require some sauteeing and the reason is to bring out the flavors of the vegetables.
Sauteeing first adds another depth of flavor and texture to the soup. Since it’s all done in the same pot, there’s still very little hands-on and clean up is a breeze.
Healthy Beanless White Chicken Chili
This Healthy White Chicken Chili is Whole30, Paleo, and Keto. It has no dairy or grains but is loaded with lots of flavor and nutrition.
Because I strive for balance whenever I can, I opted for store-bought salsa verde and canned green chiles. But if desired, feel free to make homemade salsa verde for a completely from-scratch meal.
Using Leftover Chicken or Turkey Meat
I love reclaiming leftover roast chicken or turkey in other recipes for an easy dinner. The protein is already cooked and all that’s needed is a fresh new set of seasonings and vegetables.
If you don’t have leftover roast chicken or turkey, simply cook 1/2 fryer chicken in the Instant Pot with water for 30 minutes. This way, you will have the meat and broth that you’ll need for this recipe.
Helpful Tips for this Instant Pot Whole30 White Chicken Chili
- Sauteeing vegetables directly in the inner pot makes this an easy one-pot meal
- Use leftover chicken or turkey for an easy beanless, wholesome soup
- Use storebought Whole30, Paleo, and Low-Carb compliant salsa verde and roasted green chiles. I buy mine from Trader Joes.
Instant Pot Whole30 White Chicken Chili (Paleo, Low-Carb, Keto)
Instant Pot Whole30 White Chicken Chili
- Press "SAUTE" on the Instant Pot. Wait for the inner pot to warm up (1 minute), add avocado oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add salsa, chiles, garlic, and cumin and stir well. Continue to saute for another 2-3 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Turn the Instant Pot to "Cancel/Warm."
- Add cooked chicken and broth. Close the lid and set the valve to "sealing" position.
- Press "Manual" and reduce the time down to 4 minutes cooking time.
- When cooking cycle is complete, turn off the Instant Pot and either do quick pressure release or let sit to naturally release pressure.
- Once pressure is fully released and it is safe to do so, carefully open the lid and serve.
- Add your toppings of choice.