These delicate, buttery cookies practically melt in your mouth. Roasted hazelnuts give them a nice crunch and a luscious drizzle of sugar-free chocolate takes these low carb treats over the top.
I've always considered hazelnuts to be the fancy sibling to pecans. They are so rich and flavorful and they make perfect holiday treats.
These Keto Hazelnut Butter Cookies are easily made in your food processor with minimal prep. Keeping with the minimal theme, they also have very little ingredients - only 6! With 2 grams of carbs, these are a guilt-free treat, even with the chocolate drizzle.
How to Roast Hazelnuts
I usually purchase roasted hazelnuts at my local Trader Joe's. But it's incredibly easy (and more flavorful!) to roast hazelnuts at home. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (same temp as our cookies so this works out perfect!). Spread whole hazelnuts on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, keeping a close eye so as not to scorch the nuts.
To remove skins, wrap warm hazelnuts in a large dish towel and rub vigorously.
Helpful Tips for Keto Hazelnut Butter Cookies
- Since vanilla extract prices have skyrocketed, I have switched over to Vanilla Bean Powder. This small packet, albeit pricey, is a delicious investment. A little goes a long way with vanilla bean powder - so you really can do away with just a small pinch.
- Low and slow will produce the best cookies. Set your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake them for approximately 20-23 minutes, watching the edges closely. I always turn the oven light on for this reason.
- I coarsely chop roasted hazelnuts on a large cutting board with chef's knife but you can give a whirl in the food processor before starting the cookie dough.
Keto Hazelnut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free, Low Carb)
Keto Hazelnut Butter Cookies (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, whip butter and monkfruit until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except for hazelnuts and process until thoroughly combined.
- Coarsely chop roasted hazelnuts. Add to food processor and pulse until combined well with the cookie dough.
- Spoon approximately 1-½ tablespoon of cookie dough onto the prepared sheets. Shape and flatten them with your hands.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges are just beginning to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter together. Whisk to combine well.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over the cookies and allow to set for approximately 5 minutes.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.
Looking for more low carb treats?
>>> Pin This <<<