These Sheet Pan Nachos is an easy, 30-minute, crowd-pleasing meal with minimal prep time and little cleanup.
You will love this fun take on nachos. It's so convenient having everything on one pan, which means less cleanup.
Tortilla chips loaded with juicy and flavorful taco meat, melted cheese, and all the best toppings makes an easy family dinner.
And it's totally customizable - use your family's best taco meat and add your favorite toppings - and dig in!
I make these regularly and they're always such a hit. These Sheet Pan Nachos work great for us as a meal, serving 4-6 comfortably. But if you're not ready to serve these for dinner, at the very least have them as an appetizer for your next football party.
The appeal to sheet pan anything is that everything is done on one sheet pan, as the name implies. Therefore, there's little hassle and clean-up.
Sheet Pan Nachos - Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb suggestions
These Sheet Pan Nachos are so versatile you can make them to satisfy all your family's dietary needs. If you're okay with some ancient grains, Late July makes delicious gluten-free tortilla chips with healthy grains and seeds.
I've also made my own sprouted corn tortilla chips using Good for Life sprouted tortillas and followed the recipe in this post. If you don't mind this extra step, these sprouted corn tortillas make the best Sheet Pan Nachos!
I don't usually add beans to our Sheet Pan Nachos unless I'm expecting to get more mileage out of my meal. What works the best is doubling the meat so I can avoid extra legumes and grains. I pile on the toppings nice and high and we can stretch these Sheet Pan Nachos to feed 6 people comfortably.
Check out these suggestions to be sure you stay within your respective diets.
- Paleo & Whole30: Use grain-free chips such as Siete or plantain chips from Trader Joe's. To avoid dairy, simply omit all cheese and sub coconut yogurt for sour cream. I would use guacamole (instead of avocado) and salsa (instead of tomatoes) so they're not too dry. You can also serve these on the side.
- Low Carb & Keto: You can use homemade low carb tortilla chips as in this recipe using almond flour and various spices. There are storebought tortilla chips that claim to be low carb, but you have to be careful to read the labels as often they contain other fillers and additives. All the toppings listed below are naturally low carb.
What toppings to add to Sheet Pan Nachos
Go with your favorite toppings that you'd normally add to nachos and tacos. These are our favorites:
- sour cream
- chopped lettuce
- red onion
- green onion
- pico de gallo
- black olives
- salsa verde
- blacks beans (if not Paleo, Whole30, or low carb)
- additional cheese such as cotija or Mexican blend
Sheet Pan Nacho Recipe and More...
Best Taco Meat Recipe (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) - this is the recipe I use in a pinch for all my taco and nacho meals. It's incredibly juicy, flavorful and simple to make. This is what's included in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) - this is another great protein that can be used in these Sheet Pan Nachos.
Easy Taco Seasoning (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) - my favorite taco seasoning. You can add this to ground meat or leftover roast chicken as it's browned in a skillet.
How to Cook Perfect Rice in Instant Pot (instructions for soaked rice included) If you want to add more bulk to the nachos, make this rice to spread over the meat.
The Best Guacamole Recipe - Chunky & Authentic (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb) - This guac is full of flavor and texture and doesn't require a lot of time.
Fresh & Fermented Tomato Salsa - Pico de Gallo - use this salsa on top of the nachos for extra kick.
Restaurant Style Blender Salsa - use this when tomatoes are not in season. Requires only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes and you have a delicious salsa.
Lacto-Fermented Jalapeno Peppers - use fresh slices of jalapenos or go for an extra dose of probiotics with these easy fermented peppers.
How to Make Homemade Tortilla Chips with Two Ingredients - use sprouted grain tortilla chips and make your own.
How to Make Sheet Pan Nachos
Start with some good tortilla chips. Spread them on a baking sheet. Add taco meat and cheese and toss in the oven just enough for the chips to crisp up and cheese to melt.
Add your favorite toppings in this order: lettuce, sour cream, dinced onions, tomatoes, avocados, black olives, cilantro and jalapeno peppers.
Using a pair of tongs or a large spatula, transfer a serving to a plate and dig in!
Sheet Pan Nachos (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb options)
Ground Beef Taco Meat
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Sheet Pan Nachos
- 6 ounces tortilla chips see notes for dietary options
- 3 cups Mexican blend grated cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup lettuce thinly cut
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup avocado diced
- other fixings such as cilantro, jalapeno, green onions if desired
To Make Ground Beef Taco Meat
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and crumble it, breaking it up. Drain grease if desired.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato sauce and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until slightly thickened.
Sheet Pan Nachos
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread tortilla chips evenly across a large baking sheet.
- Spoon ground beef onto the tortilla chips. Spread grated cheese over the meat. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle sour cream, add favorite toppings such as lettuce, diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, olives, avocado and jalapenos.
- Using a spatula, transfer portion size directly onto a plate.
- Paleo & Whole30: Use grain-free chips such as Siete or plantain chips from Trader Joe's. To avoid dairy, simply omit all cheese and sub coconut yogurt for sour cream. Use guacamole (instead of avocado) and salsa (instead of tomatoes) so the nachos are not too dry.
- Low Carb & Keto: You can various recipes online using homemade tortilla chips. If using storebought low carb tortilla chips be careful to read the labels as they often they contain fillers and additives. All the toppings listed are naturally low carb.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.
Other Sheet Pan Recipes:
Sheet Pan Breakfast with Kale, Bacon, and Hashbrowns (Whole30, Paleo)