This Avocado Cabbage Slaw can be enjoyed as a salad next to a healthy protein or in your favorite tacos. It's rich in healthy fat, yummy crunch and loads of flavor.
Cabbage is an incredibly versatile cruciferous vegetable. They are typically grown in the cooler months and have been mainstay vegetable in many traditional cuisines.
It is an excellent source of vitamin C and K as well as various B vitamins and is rich in phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and selenium. Part of what makes cabbage a staple in many kitchens is the economical factor.
Inexpensive Meals Made Simple
According to a report by the Economic Research Service at the U.S Department of Agriculture (USDA), cabbage is the second most economical vegetable in terms of price per cup. (source) This relatively low economic cost of cabbage makes this vegetable a nutritional bargain. Just in case you're curious what beat cabbage on the frugal totem pole - it's the humble potatoes! No wonder cabbage and potatoes are my two favorite foods.
Keto Avocado Coleslaw
The avocados make this slaw so creamy and rich in texture - you'll forget you're eating a crunchy vegetable. The grape tomatoes add a nice change of flavor and texture to this slaw. And the parsley dressing in your favorite oil and apple cider vinegar is simply divine.
We love this slaw as a side salad next to some roast chicken or wild salmon but I bet it would be amazing in tacos too. The only modification I would make if you're adding it to tacos or sandwiches is dice the tomatoes and the avocados smaller.
Avocado Cabbage Slaw - Low Carb, Paleo & Whole 30
Helpful Tips for this Avocado Cabbage Slaw:
- You will need ½ small cabbage head to make 4 cups of shredded cabbage. I prefer to run the cabbage through my food processor for uniform thin strips but it can also be finely chopped with a sharp knife.
- For the most amazing results, please refrain from using bagged cabbage slaw. Fresh is always best!
- We love this as a salad to healthy protein such as roast chicken and grilled salmon. If you're using this as slaw in tacos or sandwiches, cut the avocados and tomatoes smaller.
- Feel free to swap cilantro for parsley if using this slaw in tacos.
Tools Used in This Recipe:
- Food Processor - makes shredding of the cabbage so easy and convenient and the thin, uniform strips of cabbage are perfect!
- Sharp knife - for those tomatoes and if you're opting to cut the cabbage by hand.
- Avocado Slicer - I love using a good ol' knife but this tool has great reviews. You'll need to make cuts across though for diced avocado.
Avocado Cabbage Slaw - Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 small avocados, diced
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add freshly shredded cabbage to a medium bowl. Add halved tomatoes and diced avocados.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and combine well.
- Enjoy immediately or allow for flavors to infuse together by transferring to refrigerator for 1 hour prior to eating.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.
If you liked the recipe above, please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below. Also, be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
>>> Pin This <<<
More Healthy Cabbage Recipes:
Lazy Cabbage Rolls (Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30, Keto) +VIDEO
Keto Chicken Cabbage Casserole (Low Carb, Primal, GAPS)
Low Carb Cabbage Cucumber Salad (Paleo, Keto, GAPS) +VIDEO
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cabbage Steaks (Keto, GAPS, Low-Carb)