Enjoy the flavors of pizza without all the heavy carbs. This Crustless Skillet Pizza is made in one pan and is loaded with protein, healthy fats and zesty vegetables. Naturally low-carb, primal and GAPS diet.
Eating healthy does not have to be stressful or difficult. With just a handful of ingredients and good protein source, you can have a delicious and hearty meal in under an hour. This Crustless Skillet Pizza can be enjoyed with a side salad or as is, depending on how and what kind of vegetables used for toppings. I tend to not even worry about the salad if I pile those veggies high.
Crustless Skillet Pizza (Low Carb, Primal, GAPS)
Take the stress out of dinner with this easy one pan meal baked in the oven. My favorite part is that this low-carb meal is so versatile and can be made with vegetables you currently have in your kitchen so no need to run out to the store.
High in protein and low in carbs. The crust is made out of ground meat making this a great protein-rich meal. Because of the choice of crust, we can avoid nearly all carbs in this easy one-skillet meal.
Helpful Tips for this Crustless Skillet Pizza:
- Recipe card lists traditional pizza toppings such as mushrooms, bell peppers, onions and olives. Feel free to use whatever you have in your refrigerator.
- Because we're using 2 pounds of ground meat, this Crustless Skillet Pizza has plenty of protein as is. However, if you can source clean, nitrate/nitrite-free pepperoni - you can totally include those in this skillet pizza. Likewise, sausage can be used as well.
- Using lean meat will help you avoid having to drain the fat from the meat patty as it cooks. Considering that the skillet will be hot, this is a good thing. If you use fattier meat such as beef or pork, make sure you carefully pour out the liquid fat from the skillet before adding sauce and toppings.
- The meat patty will slightly shrink in size. This is to be expected. When covering the meat patty with pizza sauce, be sure to get the outside of the meat patty (skillet). This combined with melted cheese creates amazing sauce for this Crustless Skillet Pizza.
- Use low-carb or sugar-free pizza sauce. Alternatively, you can use spaghetti sauce (my favorite low carb is Rao's Marinara Sauce). Please note the nutrition facts include regular pizza sauce.
- Leftovers are best kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They can easily be re-heated in a covered skillet or small saucepan over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until meat is heated through.
Tools used in the making of this Crustless Skillet Pizza:
- 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in the kitchen. Goes from stove to oven, heats well and when properly seasoned and cared for, can become an amazing non-stick skillet. It also retains heat well making it a great choice for this meal.
- Pizza Wheel & Cutter: Make it an official pizza night but using this sturdy pizza cutter. It's a solid choice and makes perfect pizza slices.
- Stainless Steel Spatula: This is another often-used tool in my kitchen. I love that it's stainless steel making it safe to transfer hot foods to plates. The wide spatula is super helpful for pizza slices.
Crustless Skillet Pizza (Low-Carb, Primal, GAPS)
- 2 pounds lean ground meat (turkey and chicken is best)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sugar-free pizza sauce
- 3 cups semi-hard cheese of choice (mozzarella, cheddar) divided
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 6 large white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup black olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine meat, oregano, salt and pepper together.
- Spread meat mixture evenly on 12" cast iron skillet, spreading to the walls of the skillet.
- Bake meat patty for 25 minutes.
- When meat is cooked, remove from oven. The meat patty should slightly shrink in size.
- Spread pizza sauce directly on top of the meat, making sure to get the outside of the patty.
- Cover the pizza sauce with 2 cups of cheese, followed by toppings.
- Top with additional 1 cup of cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Cut slices and enjoy immediately.
The information shown is an estimate provided for your convenience by an online calculator. It should not be considered as a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice. See our complete Nutritional Information Disclaimer.
©Prepare and Nourish • Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated but please do NOT screenshot or copy/paste complete recipes to websites or social media.
>>> Pin This <<<
More One-Pot Dinners You Might Like:
5 Ingredient Easy Chicken Scalloped Potatoes (Whole30, Paleo)
Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon and Asparagus (Whole30, Paleo, Low-Carb)
Keto Chicken Cabbage Casserole (Low Carb, GAPS, Primal)
One Pot Creamy Greens & Tuna Casserole (Gluten Free)