This Easy Chicken Scalloped Potato comes together quickly and easily. With only 5 main ingredients, this bake is delicious and naturally Whole30 compliant. Enjoy with a side salad for a complete nourishing meal.
My mom would often make this dish when I was growing up. There’s really nothing spectacular about the ingredients in and of themselves.
It just calls for some comfort staples tossed with mayonnaise and a few vegetables in between. Nothing special – yet hearty and flavorful, this Chicken Scalloped Potato Bake makes a great quick meal.
Five Choicest Ingredients
As with all my recipes, the quality of ingredients matter! And because we are using a hefty amount of mayonnaise in this dish, the quality of that mayonnaise has to be outstanding. Whenever I can, I make my own. But that doesn’t always work out.
Related: Homemade Mayonnaise
Most mayonnaise in stores are made with rancid vegetable oils such as canola, soybean or rapeseed oils. Chosen Foods was one of the first brands to produce quality mayonnaise and they continue to develop products that meet supremely high expectations. That’s why they are still my first choice for storebought mayonnaise (and Avocado oil and cooking sprays).
Their first mayonnaise was made with Avocado oil and it was rich, and luscious and delicious. Recently, they came out with another gem that is just as delicious – Coconut Oil Mayonnaise!!
That’s right mayonnaise but made out of coconut oil. And no, it absolutely does not taste, smell, or feel like coconut oil at all. So if you’re not a big coconut fan, you can still enjoy this mayonnaise.
Coconut Oil Mayo is the 5th clean-label mayo in Chosen Foods’ condiment collection and probably my favorite. It’s also:
- Wholesome source of MCTs
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Good source of healthy fats and superfoods
- Soy & Canola free
- Made with cage-free, organic eggs
- Paleo & Whole30 compliant
- Clean ingredients, crazy good taste!
- No coconutty taste, only rich and delicious flavor!!
5 Ingredient Easy Chicken Scalloped Potatoes (Whole 30)
This simple recipe has your favorite hearty comfort foods like potatoes and chicken. It’s naturally Whole 30 and Paleo unless you add cheese on top. But even without the cheese, thanks to onions and tomatoes, it’s rich in flavor and texture.
Whole30 Easy Chicken Scalloped Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces and toss it with basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. Spread evenly on the bottom of a 9x12 casserole pan (4 quart).
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4" thickness and spread them evenly on top of the chicken. Follow with sliced onions in the same manner. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice peeled potatoes using a mandolin or a sharp knife. Toss with remaining mayonnaise and spread evenly over the onions.
- Top with finely grated parmesan cheese if using and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove cover and continue to bake for additional 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Garnish with fresh curly parsley.
Need More Easy One-Pot Meals?
Sheet Pan Garlic Butter Salmon, Asparagus, and Potatoes (Paleo, Whole30, Low Carb options)
Keto Chicken Cabbage Casserole (Low Carb, GAPS, Primal)
Crustless Skillet Pizza (Low Carb, GAPS, Primal) + VIDEO
Instant Pot Whole30 White Chicken Chili (Paleo, GAPS, Low Carb)